New England offers beautiful settings for outdoor weddings. 80% of our summer ceremonies are held overlooking the ocean, in parks, hotel courtyards and private backyards. They can be a lot of fun, beach casual or black tie formal. Of course, you DO have to plan for the weather, elderly guests and privacy (or lack of) when choosing the perfect location.
Here are a few ideas for possible venues:
1). Sculpture park (deCordova Museum in Lincoln, MA)
2. Your parent’s beautifully landscaped yard
3. Botanical garden (Tower Hill in Boylston, MA)
4. Hotel with an outdoor courtyard (However it can get noisy if you’re next to a road)
5. Gazebo (private or community)
6. Ship (Odyssey Cruises, Spirit of Boston)
8. Golf Course (most have grassy areas/decks either separate or overlooking the greens)
10. Historical Village (Plimouth Plantation, Sturbridge Village)
11. Church with a courtyard
12. Overlooking a pond, lake or the ocean
Good luck with your planning.